I will try and break it down for you…
Most gala shows are formal black tie events and you should be prepared for gala pictures that will most likely show up in latest social news sections of various publications. Gala ball are serious events and most people can be found in beauty salons for the whole day before attending the event. If you can afford it…break out the credit cards and head down to fifth ave to visit the local Tiffany, D&G, Chanel stores. Women obviously have a harder time than men finding what gala dress to wear:
- A few days before the event find out as much details from your friends about what they are wearing, and try to find a style that will complement others. Or if you really want to stand out go the other way and dress opposite of your friends
- Then it’s time to go shopping for your new dress, shoes, jewelry, purse, and accessories. But first check out the latest fashion magazines for the latest styles.
- Most women prefer to find a dress first and buy accessories after. For the dress it all depends on your confidence level and body type. You should know the colors that compliment your skin and generally what already looks good on you. If you do not have huge confidence then stick with what has worked on you in the past. Generally knee length dresses or longer are the norm. Low cut and bare shoulders are a must if you have the body for it. Fit is the most important element when choosing a dress. Then focus on the specific elements of the dress like cut, color, style, and material.
- * Shoes are vital. Gala event and gala dinner are lengthy affairs so be comfortable and find something that enables you to dance at the gala concert. High heels are standard and most women prefer medium height heels. Black leather shoes are a safe bet. Be wary of too many straps, or outlandish styles and adornments.
- Jewelry: Costume jewelry is frowned upon. If you have a 10k Tiffany ring and ensemble then you are set. But for those with simpler tastes stick with classy understated gold or silver pieces. Don’t be the lady with rings on every finger or an obscenely huge necklace or tiara.
- Purse: This one should be easy after spending so much time on the items listed above. Again classy and refined simple style is best.
- Accessories: Simple hair pieces or brooches are optional
- Makeup: take what you normally wear and spice it up a little with subtle stronger elements. It is not the time to try a new fashion look that you found in a magazine. You must be comfortable and confident in what you are wearing.
- Spend a day in a salon getting manicures, pedicures, massages, and hair treatment before attending the gala show.
- Smile and you’re ready for the gala pictures, gala dinner, and gala concert!
- First off find out what your partner is wearing to the gala show, and ask for her advice (fortunately she will probably already be telling you what to wear)
- Tuxedo or suit in dark traditional colors
- Matching conservative dress shirt. Solid colors are preferred. Stay away from bright colors or fancy designs
- Matching silk tie
- tie pin
- Cuff links
- Rolex or other fine watch
- Black polished leather shoes
- black dress socks
- Clean shave and finely tuned hair
- Be ready to tell your partner how beautiful she looks and you’re ready to go to the gala dinner!
Any other tips? We will be adding photos soon…Tags: art gala, ballet gala, Beauty Salons, black gala, Black Tie Events, Chanel, christmas gala, Color Style, Confidence Level, costume gala, Credit Cards, Dress Shoes, fashion gala, Fashion Magazines, gala ball, Gala Ball, gala dance, Gala Dinner, gala dress, gala evening, Gala Event, gala exhibition, gala magazine, gala music, gala party, gala photos, gala pictures, Gala Show, Gala Show, gala style, Gala Theme, gran gala, Harder Time, international gala, Knee Length, Latest Fashion, New Dress, opera gala, Purse, Shoulders, Social News, spring gala